June 2021 by Jennifer R.
Zero Customer Service!!! Horrible!!! First car smell like an ashtray, second car had a broken passenger seat. I was in a hurry so did not have time to get another one of their lemons, Seat later got stuck in the up position making a dangerous to drive but no one answers any of their phone numbers to get any help. Try calling customer service, I transfer you 100 times and then disconnects you...horrible company!
June 2021 by Marty Engelmann
While the folks at the desk were nice. I waited at least 30 minutes to get my car. While others got their car and moved on. A manager even came to talk to me. Regional I think. I was also charged a 200.00 dollar deposit. for incidentals. for what?I am fastbreak. Will be looking for and using other options in the future. STAY AWAY.
May 2021 by Richard Matt M.
Had a reservation from here 5/2/21-5/7/21 Red Kia Sportage Great customer service from Phil! (His name might've been Paul, forgive my memory) This man treated me and my family like royalty. Even wrote down a few local restaurants in the area for us to try. I appreciate how he took his time with my questions and I noted how courteous and calm he was. People appreciate that brother, thanks again. As far as the vehicle, we had a newer Kia SUV... got the job done! No issues. Will be renting from here again next time we are in town!
May 2021 by Susan Allen
I rented and paid for a car rental through travelocity and paid for insurance. My son was to pay $156 at pick up and someone at Budget added all the additional insurances without my son's approval. They charged him more than what Travelocity said and then added on all the extras without approval and then billed his card the full amount, which was more than double what I had already paid. There is no person to talk to and no way to reach them. They charged $1700 for a $700 rental. I paid Travelocity $195 for the insurance that budget charged $255 for. I have no idea how to get any of it changed and hope this saves someone else from the extortion that occurred to our family for a simple car rental. Budget gave my son a non working phone number to call if he had problems also. HE DID NOT ACCEPT THE EXTRA INSURANCE THAT WAS CHARGED AND IT IT 3 DIFFERENT CHARGES THAT TOTAL $744.44. BEWARE if you decide to rent with them as they added non approved charges.
May 2021 by Suhyoung Jeong
When I arrived at SNA around 11pm, there was no car available in the category I booked. However, the very nice agent (sorry did not get his name!) suggested a couple of options. Because I was mainly planning to drive alone, he recommended a Kia Soul and I loved that car. Moreover, that saved me ~30% of my quoted original price. THANK YOU!
May 2021 by Kathy Roberts
The return was very easy, however the arrival took a while waiting in line to get the car. But my overall experience was very good as the Budget personnel were very helpful
May 2021 by Sherwood Peterson
We use SNA always pick up there usually in the evening around 10 then leave the next AM very early going tp PNX, TUCSON, N.CAL or UTAH, JEEP MINIVAN or SM SPORT UT--Always clean and smooth rental trans both at Desk and friendly check in
April 2021 by William Avila
Rental was efficient and affordable. The service was prompt, we were offered a complimentary upgrade since our vehicle class was unavailable. Thank yall for the great experience
March 2021 by Jenni K.
Unless you want to get scammed don't rent from Budget at JW Airport. Especially if you're a woman traveling alone. How do they treat their customers? By adding insurance to their contract after it was clearly denied, then not taking accountability for their error, refusing to remove the charges and basically saying customer beware, you signed it you own it. Tough luck. Sleazy way to make a buck in my opinion.
March 2021 by Karl Steinberg
I've been renting from the John Wayne Airport location for 5 months, the customer service that I've received was excellent. Susan, the rep that initially helped me with my first rental has always been available and made my experience easy and trouble free. The other team members at the location were friendly, professional and made my rental experience easy and quick. I will be renting from them again when I'm back there. Great service!
March 2021 by Amber Davie
Really nice, new vehicle. Upgraded because vehicle wasn't ready yet. Friendly and helpful customer service.
March 2021 by Cesar Santana
Good customer service and employees went out of there way to helps get the car rental.
March 2021 by John Malvern
The ease of renting the car picking up and return very good thank you
March 2021 by Rob J.
These people are running a scam. First and last time using Budget. So many inconsistencies, so much incompetents, it barely sounds believable.
tl/dr: They tried to trick my wife and I into taking a cheaper car, when caught out, the lady gave us a "free upgrade" but snuck in extra charges we didn't ask for - even after telling us it's the same price. Major inconsistencies in reporting - apparently we drove over 7000 miles - in 4 days! Charged refueling fee even though tank was full and car was checked in and confirmed at the location in person. Charged hundreds of dollars extra. ABSOLUTELY AVOID.
It's a long story, here's the abbreviated version:
- Booked online and prepaid directly on the Budget website. Paid for a "premium SUV".
- Went to pick up car and the lady tried to convince my wife and I to take a cargo van instead, we declined. She then talked us in to taking the loss damage waiver because she said that it was a very special price "usually it would be around $250 but it's offering it to you for only $78" - her words. My wifed confirmed that it was for the full 4 days, not per day, which she confirmed and we accepted.
- After signing all the docs she handed us the key. I asked what type of car it was to which she replied "a Chevy Tahoe". I told her that the Tahoe is in a completely different category to what we booked. (Everyone knows rental company's don't usually have the car you booked, but it should at least be in the same category you paid for). The lady acted very surprised and made me go through rebooking the car on their website to show her that it's a different category. The Tahoe is classified on their own website as a "fullsize SUV" and would have been a few hundred dollars cheaper. Once I showed her this suddenly her whole story changed and she started telling us that all the premium SUV's are on location but haven't been signed off so they can't rent them - and they haven't even had this option for the past year.
- Eventually, she offered us a "free upgrade" to a Lincoln Navigator. Awesome. I asked her if it's exactly the same price that we paid - she replied 'yes'. I asked her if this includes the exact same loss damage waiver deal she just offered us - she replied 'yes, it's exactly the same, the only thing that will change is the tax so it'll be slightly higher, around $90 instead of $78". She said we just need to sign the forms again but that everything's exactly the same. I believed her and just signed off on it.
- Drove the car from Orange County to San Antonio, Texas. Arrived in the middle of the worse snow in over 100 years. Roads were closed, it was chaos. I spent hours on the phone speaking to agent after agent trying to get a straight answer about what to do about returning the car in conditions where authorities have issued statements not to drive unless an emergency. No one could tell me. I agreed to pay the extra, except now they were trying to charge me nearly $400 for a single day because they were charging me for a more expensive car that I didn't even ask for in the first place. I was told that the only people that could help me were this Santa Ana location, however, it's impossible to reach them because if they don't answer the phone within the first few rings it goes through to a call center (which you don't even realize) and then you have to go through the entire process again. I must've spoken to about 8 different people, all telling me different stories and different prices. I was eventually told it would be $100 for the extra day due to the circumstances.
- I return the car the next day with a filled gas tank from closest gas station to depot. A lady checks it in as I'm about to leave it. She checks the fuel, makes a remark about how she'd love to take this car home with her, and says that everything is all good.
- I notice an extra charge on my credit card for over $500. I still hadn't received an email receipt so I contacted Budget. I was told that it was the rental charge, a refueling fee, and $42 a day los
February 2021 by Eve-Lynn Brown
Your service desk was kind and helpful. I was given a good rate for renting the car for 8 days. The car was a good size and comfortable, clean and new. Easy check in and out. Helpful service learning how to work the car and load my phone for safe handling while on the road.